Coimbatore has many varieties of food. I’m giving the list of places which has very tasty food 🙂 I will start with sweets!
Kovai is best known for its specials in sweets, climate, water and culture. List of Coimbatore special items are agarwal sweets, venu biryani, street food, parks and more …
Primary Special Item :
Kaalan – the road side Mushroom chat that you can find in every nook and corner of Coimbatore. It is very synonymous with Coimbatore that you hardly find this elsewhere. It was an uphill task to find one in Chennai.
Kaalan comes in variants like leaf and butter. Apple bee in Race Course have some good ones. Also the road side shops around Nehru Stadium are pretty good as well.
1. Agarwals – Khaju Khatri
2. Bombay Ananda Bhavan – Soan Papdi
3. Surya Sweets (Peelamedu, near psg tech) – Galebi
4. Vysial street Murugan – Akkaara adisal (best).
5. Nelli Lala – Ordinary mixture.
6. Krishna Sweets – Adhirasam
7. Annaporna sweets (opp. to peelamedu shanthi theatre) – Ellu urandai
8. Balaji Sweets (pappampati pirivu, trichy road) – laddu, gelabi, mysurpa, bhadusha and mixture. None of the sweet stall can beat their taste, they have no advertisement or any other branch but they are the best in this area.
9. Agarwal sweets – Vada Pav (DB road, near arryas).
Cakes and Confectioneries:
1. JM Bakes – very dense and soft cakes.
2. Baker’s Corner – The best cake shop in Coimbatore.
3. Iyengars – RS puram.
4. Carrot and Date Cake @ That’s Y Food (in desserts menu).
5. Chocko Choza – Cakes are awesome and worth the money.
6. The Donuts – near Krishna Sweets, Sungam.
2. Cafe Day – chocolate fantasy with vennila ice cream.
3. Glacier Park at cross cut.
4. Hokey Pokey – exactly opposite to Krishna Sweets, Hope College
5. M & M – near lakshmi mills(natural ice-cream).
6. DBC- Death By Chocolate.
7. Baskin 31 Robbins @ Race Course.
8. Pure & Naturals at Nehru Stadium.
9. Seasons – RS Puram.
10. Priya Bakes – near cheran book house,townhall.
11. FRUIT O FOREST – TV Saamy Road(E) in R.S. Puram
1. Ganapathy tiffin center – townhall, opp. annaporna
2. Idly Hut – Rajaji Street, Near Kannan Departmental store & Next to Krishna Sweets.
3. Anna poorna Gowrishankar – the one near People’s Park.
4. Chitanya – Andhra Restaurant – @ Cowley Brown Road opposite to Central Theater.
5. Thalapakatti Briyani.
Fits the purse and good too:
1. Nakshatra – Bharathi Park, Seventh Cross Street, Sai Baba Colony (decent for north Indian food)
2. Ritu chinese fastfood – kkpudur
3. Burma baai parota stall (voc grounds fame)
4. Aryas and Anandhas – Chilli parotas.
5. Sangeethas Restaurant – Railway Station.
6. Hotel Vevina – Avinashi Road.
7. Green Day – Multi-cusine restaurant @ Kaai Kadai Bus Stop near Lakshmi Mills.
8. PanchaRathna – pure veg. restaurant
9. Krishna Hall – opposite to P.N. Palayam Perumal Kovil.
12. Anandha’s Chetinad
13. Sugam Bhairavi – Saibaba Colony and RS Puram.
14. Mallu food @ Malabar- Ram Nagar/Gandhipuram,
15. Hotel Chillis(new one), opp to Avila Convent.
16. Banana Leaf – Ganapathy.
1. Pizza hut – Fun mall.
2. Dominos – Avinashi Road.
3. Tuscanny Pizza – Bharathi nagar, Ganapathy.
4. Zucca Pizzeria – Avinashi Road.
5. Kites Cafe – Avinashi Road.
6. Pizza Republic – Saravanampatti.
7. Papa John’s – Fun mall and BrookeFields mall.
Costly, but shouldn’t miss:
1. Peiking (chinese)
2. China Valley
3. China Town
4. Shahi Grill
5. Arabian Fried Chicken.
6. Alankar Grande.
7. Andhraruchuluu or Arunachala – Ganapthy and avinashi road.
8. Greens n’ Grains
12. That’s Y food.
13. Green leaf.
15. Venu Briyani.
Few Places for Coimbatore Special Items are Listed Below
- Owner Number : 9842564819
This Hotel or Restaurant is located near ESI Hospital – Singanallur, where it has a constant menu of few items throughout the day. The Speciality is the taste of Parotta and Gravy. The Gravy for a Dosa is a unique taste that is offered no where else. Even when the menu is very few, yet the hotel got a unique name specifically for Parotta. Whenever you go you can see a huge queue waiting for the parcel near the entrance.
And Be-aware that Sunday’s are Holiday, if you unfortunately planning for a Sunday Out you might be disappointed.
No results found in this location. Please try again.
To Order Online – Lakshmi Narayana – EnjoyFoods.in
Abitha Hotel Biryani – Kottaimedu
- Phone Order : 0422 2303090
- Owner Number : 9442482901
Next Famous Food Item in Coimbatore for Biryani Lovers is the Chicken Biryani from Abitha Hotel.
This is a hotel located at the commercial location of kovai, near townhall and ukkadam. where we can get the Tastiest Biryani till late night 2’0 Clock.This Hotel is a Muslim Special Item purely for Non Veg Lovers, and the Pricing will be pocket friendly.
Annapoorna Hotel – Near KG Theatre | Nanjundapuram Road |Opp KMCH
Annapoorna Hotel is the Taste of Coimbatore – Pure Veg Restaurant speciality for its Taste and Quality. This seems to be quite priced for veg restaurants in kovai, yet its worth for what you had spent. One of the special item of this outlet is Ghee Roast, Poori Masal and Curd Vada. You can get variety of Sevai and Gravy where available …
Leiden Burger Shop
- Phone Order : 0422 4218880
Leiden an Italian – American Restaurant located in peelamedu near PSG Tech college Is known for its best taste and variety. One of the best Item is Chicken Streak Burger, Non -veg submarine.
They offer home delivery with the tie-ups with Zomato and Enjoy Foods.
HMR Hotel – Biryani
HMR Hotel is special for Beef & Chicken Biryani under economical pricing. They have a variety of Non-veg Starters and Gravy, which are prized so less. They have outlets in multiple points of Coimbatore. Some of the popular branches are HMR ukkadam, HMR Ramanathapuram.
Try More like Valarmathy Hotel – Race Course, HMR – Ramanathapuram, Agarwal Sweets for best north indian sweets, Hotel Delhi Darbar for North Indian Tasty Foods.